The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center boasts as having one of the premier collections of local historical and genealogical research materials in western Nebraska. While there are certainly other collections available in the panhandle, we are confident that most of what you may be looking for can be found in our facility. If we don’t have it, we know where to find it.
We offer a number of services utilizing our in-house resources and other off site research material as may occasionally be required. We are always working on and looking for new projects to enhance our collection while providing researchers with unique, little known or hard to find research material that may provide a glimpse into the lives of their ancestors.
- How to Search this site - There seems to be some confusion about how and where to search for information on this website so let’s try to clear that up. There are actually two separate and distinct search functions that a person can use while looking … Continue reading
- Library Policies - The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center is a small institution that rarely fills to capacity and we don’t normally have a problem with unruly patrons so our policies are minimal at best, but there are a few … Continue reading
- Hours & Holiday Schedule - The Center is normally open six days per week and is free to use for everyone. Since we rely entirely on the generosity of our volunteers, its possible that the facility may have to be closed unexpectedly or within a moments … Continue reading
- Site Under Construction - This website is under construction so please pardon our “dust”. New features are being developed and will be added soon.
- We Are Volunteers - Our facility is staffed entirely by wonderfully talented volunteers who are committed to helping our patrons find the resources they need to research their family’s history. The staff has worked tirelessly over many years to create and maintain a research facility anyone would be … Continue reading
- Ray Richards:
History of Love and Welsh Love Spoons In honor of Valentines Day, Ray Richards will presenting his program on Love, Welsh Love Spoons and his Welsh family on Saturday, February 17th at 1:30 pm. Welsh love spoons are hand made wooden spoons carved from one piece of wood, traditionally sycamore, but occasionally carved out of yew, oak, boxwood and even fruit trees such ...
- NSGS Family Recognition Certificate Program WNFRHC Receives Nebraska State Genealogical Society Family Recognition Files In our never-ending pursuit to bring researchers potential brick wall breaking research material, the West Nebraska Family Research & History Center applied for and was chosen as the new home for the Nebraska State Genealogical Society’s Family Recognition files. The NSGS plans to digitize the files and ...
- WNFRHC receives Bridgeport News-Blade & Broadwater News microfilm! The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center has entered into an agreement with the Bridgeport Public Library to host their Bridgeport News Blade and Broadwater News newspaper microfilm collection effective Jan 13th. The collection consists of 51 reels of the Bridgeport News-Blade newspaper which spans the dates of 11 Jan 1901 through to 29 ...