The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center boasts as having one of the premier collections of local historical and genealogical research materials in western Nebraska. While there are certainly other collections available in the panhandle, we are confident that most of what you may be looking for can be found in our facility. If we don’t have it, we know where to find it.
We offer a number of services utilizing our in-house resources and other off site research material as may occasionally be required. We are always working on and looking for new projects to enhance our collection while providing researchers with unique, little known or hard to find research material that may provide a glimpse into the lives of their ancestors.
- Library Policies - The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center is a small institution that rarely fills to capacity and we don’t normally have a problem with unruly patrons so our policies are minimal at best, but there are a few … Continue reading
- Hours & Holiday Schedule - The Center is normally open six days per week and is free to use for everyone. Since we rely entirely on the generosity of our volunteers, its possible that the facility may have to be closed unexpectedly or within a moments … Continue reading
- We Are Volunteers - Our facility is staffed entirely by wonderfully talented volunteers who are committed to helping our patrons find the resources they need to research their family’s history. The staff has worked tirelessly over many years to create and maintain a research facility anyone would be … Continue reading
- Staff/Patron Field Trip 2015 – Western History/Genealogy Center at Denver Public Library The Sept 19th Genealogy Roundtable Forum at the West Nebraska Family Research & History Center is actually going to be a field trip to the Western History/Genealogy Center at the Denver Public Library. The 5th floor Western History & Genealogy Center of the Denver Public Library opens ...
- Carole Tucker Memorial Carole Ann Tucker, 78, of Brighton, Colo., passed away Nov. 20, 2014. She was born July 26, 1936 in Scottsbluff to Charlie and Irene Jenson. She attended Flowerfield School for kindergarten, Harrisburg Elementary School for first through eighth grades, and graduated from Banner County High School in 1954 as co-salutatorian. She attended Nebraska Wesleyan University 1954-1955. In ...
- WNFRHC marks 10th Anniversary Family and friends of the West Nebraska Family Research & History Center joined together on Saturday, March 1, 2014 to help celebrate our first decennial or tenth anniversary amidst potentially uncooperative weather. Like ten years ago, a snow storm visited the area and threatened to dampen the spirits and mood of the celebration, but everyone joined in to make the event a great and ...
- Site Under Construction This website is under construction so please pardon our “dust”. New features are being developed and will be added soon.