The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center boasts as having one of the premier collections of local historical and genealogical research materials in western Nebraska. While there are certainly other collections available in the panhandle, we are confident that most of what you may be looking for can be found in our facility. If we don’t have it, we know where to find it.
We offer a number of services utilizing our in-house resources and other off site research material as may occasionally be required. We are always working on and looking for new projects to enhance our collection while providing researchers with unique, little known or hard to find research material that may provide a glimpse into the lives of their ancestors.
- Site Under Construction - This website is under construction so please pardon our “dust”. New features are being developed and will be added soon.
- Library Policies - The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center is a small institution that rarely fills to capacity and we don’t normally have a problem with unruly patrons so our policies are minimal at best, but there are a few … Continue reading
- Hours & Holiday Schedule - The Center is normally open six days per week and is free to use for everyone. Since we rely entirely on the generosity of our volunteers, its possible that the facility may have to be closed unexpectedly or within a moments … Continue reading
- We Are Volunteers - Our facility is staffed entirely by wonderfully talented volunteers who are committed to helping our patrons find the resources they need to research their family’s history. The staff has worked tirelessly over many years to create and maintain a research facility anyone would be … Continue reading
- Linell Wohlers On July 16th at 1:30 p.m. Linell Wohlers will present the Danish Detective, a journey backwards into the life stories of her Danish grandparents and earlier genealogy–a tale of travel adventures, helpful and interesting people along the way, a little bit of research and a whole lot of luck!
- Carole Tucker Memorial Carole Ann Tucker, 78, of Brighton, Colo., passed away Nov. 20, 2014. She was born July 26, 1936 in Scottsbluff to Charlie and Irene Jenson. She attended Flowerfield School for kindergarten, Harrisburg Elementary School for first through eighth grades, and graduated from Banner County High School in 1954 as co-salutatorian. She attended Nebraska Wesleyan University 1954-1955. In ...
- WNFRHC marks 10th Anniversary Family and friends of the West Nebraska Family Research & History Center joined together on Saturday, March 1, 2014 to help celebrate our first decennial or tenth anniversary amidst potentially uncooperative weather. Like ten years ago, a snow storm visited the area and threatened to dampen the spirits and mood of the celebration, but everyone joined in to make the event a great and ...