The West Nebraska Family Research & History Center is a small institution that rarely fills to capacity and we don’t normally have a problem with unruly patrons so our policies are minimal at best, but there are a few that must be enforced. They are:
- Please remember that this facility is staffed entirely by volunteers who should be treated with the utmost respect. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Every patron must register by signing the guest log when entering the facility. A registration is required for each day you visit the Center to research.
- Please use only pencils in the reading room. You are welcome to use one of ours if you forgot your own. We also provide scratch paper so you don’t have to make notes in the books.
- No food or drinks in or around the computer equipment. We have a table near the workstations for you to enjoy your breakfast or lunch.
- We don’t mind you using our equipment, but if you don’t know how or are a little unsure, please ask us to help. We really don’t mind helping.
- Copy fees are very reasonable and are outlined below:
$0.20 per copied or printed black and white letter size page
$0.30 per copied or printed black and white legal size page
$0.40 per copied or printed black and white ledger size page
$0.50 per printed color letter size page (only available when the Director is present)
** All copies must be paid for before you leave.
- Please set your cell phone to silent or vibrate and limit your calls to a short, quite conversation and be mindful of those around you. Consideration of our other patrons is a must.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building or on the grounds.
- Animals are not allowed in the Center unless they are trained service animals assisting persons with disabilities.